GoPay Food & Groceries, Business Lead
DescriptionAbout the Role
As our GoPay Food & Groceries Business Lead, you’ll take the wheel in managing the company’s strategy-to-execution - from consumer research, OKRs, to strategy planning. Working closely with GoTroops from various professional backgrounds, you’ll spearhead GoPay’s development within the food & groceries industry in Indonesia, bolstering Indonesia’s cashless society while driving user and transaction growth with full P&L ownership.
What You Will Do
- Lead GoPay’s sub-vertical under Food & Groceries, orchestrating a cross-functional team in the efforts to win the market
- Act as this stream’s business owner, setting its revenue target and working within a specific budget to achieve it
- Define which priority user segment to focus on
- Define and create promotion schemes
- Work with marketing team to create the most relevant marketing ideas and decide which channels to utilize
- Work with the Sales team to acquire and activate merchant-partners
- Work within the larger Gojek ecosystem to optimize synergies
- At least 5 years of experience in Consulting, or working in a strategy, marketing, or business development role within a tech/FMCG company
- An entrepreneurial mentality with a can-do attitude in order to build this business vertical from the ground up
- Ability to work effectively within an ambiguous environment
- Strong critical thinking capabilities in order to lead the team through holistic problem-solving sessions
- Ability to work confidently and comfortable with multiple internal and external stakeholders, gaining their buy-in and ensuring everyone’s on the same page
- A data-driven work ethic in order to generate actionable insights from data and numbers combined with on-the-ground research
- Well-versed with negotiation strategies in order to create win-win situations
Our GoPay team consists of 40+ zealous folk based in Jakarta, Indonesia. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. We run and oversee one of Southeast Asia's largest e-money wallet platforms and Indonesia's leading digital payments provider.
Our service is now accepted by over 300,000 online and offline merchants in Indonesia alone, with our ecosystem processing US$6.3 billion of annualized Gross Transaction Value in 2018. But, the growth of Payments does not stop here. We are hungry for more. We intend to become the largest payment and financial services group in Southeast Asia. It's our job to ensure that this number grows, and more importantly, that anyone utilizing our platform is given the most seamless payment experience possible. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our users to understand the daily obstacles they face in the payment arena, then crafting our products and services to aid these issues.
Our Food & Groceries vertical is a brand new team being formed within the GoPay platform. This team will be in charge of managing online and offline payments within the Food & Groceries spheres. They’ll work cross-functionally with stakeholders ranging from Strategy, Marketing, Sales, Product, Data, driving impact through collaboration.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to jump over technical barriers and provide sustainable solutions, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies, and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?).
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.